About the Green Home Loan Program
The Green Home Loan Program was designed to help Oklahoma City homeowners access affordable financing for energy efficiency projects. This program is part of the City of Oklahoma City’s overall goal of becoming a leader in energy efficiency and sustainability by reducing energy consumption. These improvements can also save homeowners money, make the home more comfortable, increase home value and market attractiveness, and address many common maintenance issues.
- This program was originally funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Program via the US Department of Energy (US DOE) through an Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) in 2009.
- Both the City of Oklahoma City’s General Fund and program income from interest generated by loans are currently used to support administration of this program.
Loan Limits: The maximum Green Home Loan amount is $20,000.
Loan Terms: Loans will have up to a 60-month/5-year repayment schedule.
Loan Rates: The interest rate is a fixed 3%.
Types of Projects:
- installation of energy-efficient windows and exterior doors
- replacement of inefficient heat and air systems
- installation of cool roofs
- purchase of Energy Star appliances
- additional home insulation
- water heaters
- solar panels
- electric vehicle charging stations
- Property must be located within the city limits of Oklahoma City.
- Property must be a residential structure and the applicant homeowner’s PRIMARY residence.
- Renters and landlords are NOT eligible to apply.
- While there is no household income limit, Green Home Loan applications must provide income verification to qualify.
CAA must approve the work as well as the contractors before beginning any project. The loan funds are not issued to the homeowner.
Contact CAA to discuss more details of the program. Call (405) 232-0199, ext. 3206, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additionally, historic homes (residential properties 45 years of age or older) are eligible for Green Home Loans but subject to additional review.