Emergency Rent/Mortgage Assistance
We currently have funds, through FEMA and the United Way, to assist with Rent/Mortgage payments. The following guidelines apply:
- The household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- We must see a late note from the landlord or the mortgage statement showing payments are behind.
- There must be a documented emergency that took the rent/mortgage money, and that emergency must be at least $1 more than the rent/mortgage payment. If the emergency cannot be documented, the application will be denied.
- The applicant must be able to show that they can pay the next month’s rent/mortgage after we have paid.
- The applicant must have already moved into the home/apartment, including all move-in costs and deposits. If the rent is prorated, the applicant must have paid at least one month’s full rent.
- Must live in Oklahoma or Canadian counties.
- Section 8 or public housing recipients cannot qualify.